Saturday, August 15, 2009

Transitioning to Blogger

I'm just beginning to transition my craft blog from LiveJournal to Blogger. While I find that there still are a handful of pros to LiveJournal, for instance the comment structures which function more like forum posts and the groups to which you can belong and post, overall I prefer Blogger's ease of use and its lack of advertisements (unless you want them). Actually posting first to Blogger might make it easier to later cross post to Livejournal, so perhaps I can have my cake & eat it too!

I'm starting by posting some of my recent, unsold creations, but I hope to give this journal a larger scope and include more information about my inspirations, techniques, materials, etc. I have a commission I'm working on so perhaps I'll post information on how my artistic process works along with meeting the desires of a client and show some in progress work. We'll see.

I have a few other projects in the works too, but unlike the vast majority of my jewelry, it's not intended to be sold online via Etsy. I may have found myself a real live bricks & mortar gallery/boutique to offer some of my wares which is exciting. More information on that to come!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you've started up a blog -something I've considered doing at some point in the future for my masks.:)

    I've bookmarked your blog and look forward to more posts from you in the future. I'd love to see posts on your creative process and techniques, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails