Monday, April 12, 2010

A Craft Show in My Future

I've signed up to participate in the 42nd Annual Gallery of the Arts, an art & craft show which takes place along Main Street in Sellersville, PA. This year it will be held on Sunday, September 19th from noon until 5pm.

I used to display my work at this show as a "Junior Artist" so it seems fitting that my first art show in more than a decade should be this event. I've been considering getting involved in local shows for a while now and this one seems like a great opportunity to get my feet wet again. I believe Quakertown and Perkasie also hold similar events so if this one goes well maybe those shows are also in my future.

It's months away, but I've already started building some inventory to take to the show. The photo above shows some current pieces on my workbench: components for a bracelet, two necklaces, and two sets of earrings. I've also rediscovered some older beaded necklaces I'm planning to bring, and I'm definitely going to be bringing prints of my artwork as well. There's so much work to do, I hope I can get enough done. My Etsy shop may be a little bare while I'm preparing for the show, but I also hope to still be adding items there if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails