Friday, November 20, 2009

Featured Artisans: JungleTribe

In addition to highlighting my own art & craft, I'd also like this blog to be a place to draw attention to other artisans whose work has inspired and influenced me. I plan to especially focus on fellow leatherworkers because 1) leathercraft has become one of my profound joys and 2) it doesn't seem to get nearly enough attention in comparison to other contemporary crafts and artforms.

As my first feature, I'd like to introduce you to the wonderful work of the two nomadic twin brothers, Beau & Dust, of JungleTribe. I'm particularly fond of their Steampunk Militia series of hip bags which feature cabochons of turquoise, brass filigree, and skeleton keys along with their signature use of layers and hardware as design elements. This elegant yet industrial aesthetic is continued in a line of cuff bracelets which they offer in collaboration with RockLove Jewelry.
Being versatile in style, they also create pieces with an edgier, darker and more thickly textured feel under the title of Galactic Gothic Graveyard. Their collective talent isn't limited to leatherwork though, they also make jewelry. To see more of their amazing work, head over to their Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails